It has been another exciting week around here. I had quite the burst of energy and got quite a few things on my to-do list accomplished. Yes, I have heard that you get a burst of energy before you go into labor, but he's still cooking...before anyone jumps to conclusions.
On Monday Mark started on his long list of honey-do's before the baby comes. He hung darkening blinds on all windows upstairs to keep it cooler up there (just in time for that heat wave) and fixed some other things around the house before heading to work. I finished up all of the little things on the baby clothes I've made, like sewing on buttons and what not. I then started a gigantic nursing sweater for myself..yeah! The following day I headed to my parents to enjoy their AC and let Stella run around for awhile. I also wanted to see Winnie who is officially banned to my parents house until the baby arrives. She has too much energy for me to handle alone and outdoor exercise does her good. Surprisingly, I arrived to a few gifts that my mother couldn't wait any longer to give me. :) It was like Christmas...but better. We got a video camera so we won't miss a moment once the baby arrives (Marks favorite thing ever by the way...more on this later). We also got a travel system, which has a car seat base, carrier and stroller...sooo neat and convenient. I have mentioned putting Stella in for a test drive, but she far exceeds the weight limit. I'm a dork.
As Wednesday rolled around I was still full of pep so I ran a few errands in town (picked up fabric for nursery curtains, got a few items from the grocery store, etc). Once I got home I was ready to sew. I finished the last of the homemade sleepers. Hopefully these will work out as well as the store bought ones, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I also started making the curtains for the nursery. While I was sewing (which I do in the kitchen, its our only table) I set up a pretty nifty freezing assembly line for over abundant harvest of beans I snatched from my mom's. Her garden is rockin' this year (as usual...Martha Stewart would be put to shame). It was much easier than expected to freeze veggies. I've never done it before. While I was waiting for things to boil and then cool, I got my sewing done. Voila! I love multi-tasking.
On Thursday, I discovered that taking advantage of my burst of energy did get some thing checked on my list, but left me exhausted on Thursday. Ooops! There I go again. I did my best to stay off my feet all day and drank plenty of water. Since my "limited activity" was put into effect, I have broken the rules now and then, which usually puts me in bed for a few days with some tisks from my doc. I haven't really had any complications though. Rest and water generally does the trick and I'm back to square one, trying to follow all the rules like a good mommy.
Unfortunately, on Friday I discovered that I really had over done it. I ended up in the hospital again. The baby is still fine, all my tests came back normal. I got a little reprimand from my doctor....FOLLOW THE RULES KELLY! And, I now have to track my water intake to make sure I drink at least 200 oz a day. I also got my first course of steriods to help the babies lungs develop in case I deliver early... boy that's fun. More on that later, for now I'm going to try to get some sleep....a wonderful side effect of betamethasone is evidently restlessness and insomnia. Yeah for me.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i'm so sorry sweetie! stop being an overachiever!!! heheh.
and 200 oz per day?!! i would be living on the potty!!!! that's a lot of water, i mean, you have to be disciplined to drink that much!
I got two steroid shots at 30 weeks 5 days (well, one on Sunday then the next on Monday, 24 hours later). Made such a difference especially since he was born 5 weeks early.
Post a Comment